Cub Scout Bear Rank
Boys who are nine years old or are in the Third Grade are Bears. Their adventures can be found in the Bear Handbook.
Third graders who are Bears have several unique experiences. Of of these is the exciting opportunity to learn how to safely use and handle a pocket knife. During the "Bear Claws" Adventure, these Scouts work toward achieving their Whittling Chip requirements.
Like all new Cub Scouts, Bears must first earn their Bobcat Rank. After having earned Bobcat, the Bear can pursue the requirements and electives offered for this rank.
- Complete each of the following Bear required adventures with your den or family:
a. Bear Claws
b. Bear Necessities
c. Fellowship and Duty to God
d. Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
e. Grin and Bear It
f. Paws for Action
- Complete one Bear elective adventure of your den or family’s choosing.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide, and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.*
*If your family does not have Internet access at home AND you do not have ready Internet access at school or another public place or via a mobile device, the Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian.
- Den Leader: Rev. Vasyl Sendeha
- Assistant Den Leader: Eric Wolcott
To learn more about the Bear Rank, click here to visit the official Cub Scout website.
For uniform information regarding this and all Cub Scout Ranks, click here for the official Cub Scout Uniform policy.